By: Terri Williams According to Wikipedia, the Law of Attraction is the belief that positive or negative thoughts bring positive or negative experiences into a person's life. The belief is based on…Read More
Joint pain is caused by a number of conditions, illnesses, and injuries, and can affect any joint in the body. Joint pain presents itself as discomfort or inflammation in the joint itself, or within the parts that make up the joint including bone, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Typically, joint pain is caused by arthritis, osteoarthritis (degenerative disc disease), normal wear and tear, overuse, or injury that has caused the joint itself to become inflamed. Joint pain ranges from a mild discomfort following an activity, to excruciating pain which limits movements and the use of an affected joint, making it difficult to perform normal activities. There is hope, however, as chiropractic adjustments can effectively treat the cause of joint pain, thereby offering pain relief while increasing movement and function. If you are ready to experience relief from joint pain, reach out to your Top Rated Local® chiropractor at Connected Chiropractic in Johnstown to arrange an appointment for personalized chiropractic care.
Find Joint Pain Relief Through Chiropractic Care in Johnstown
Common Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain is one of the number-one causes of chronic pain. In fact, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that approximately 22.7 percent of Americans aged 18 and older have been diagnosed with arthritis, the top contributor to joint pain. That’s about 54 million adults in America living with chronic joint pain. Along with arthritis, there a number of causes for joint pain, including:
- Muscle spasms
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Overuse/repetitive movements
- Obesity/rapid and/or excessive weight gain
- Osteoarthritis/rheumatoid arthritis
- Lyme disease
- Hypothyroid disorder
- Auto accident injuries
- Work injuries
- Sport injuries
- Certain foods
- Changes in weather/barometric pressure
Self-Care Tips to Relieve Joint Pain
Along with receiving chiropractic treatments, massage therapy, spinal decompression therapy, and physical therapy, which can provide long-term relief, there are ways to ease joint pain on your own for short-term relief. Here are some helpful self-care tips to consider trying.
- Ice – Icing the affected joint(s) for about 15 minutes a few times a day, especially after using the joint, can relieve pain, inflammation, swelling, and ache.
- Elevation – Elevating a painful joint about your heart can increase blood flow to the affected area, which can alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Eat Inflammation-Fighting Foods – Avoiding foods that contribute to pain and inflammation, such as fried foods and sugary foods, and replacing them with foods that fight inflammation, such as leafy greens, nuts, berries, and wild fish, can reduce pain and inflammation.
- Soak Your Aching Joints – Taking a soak in a warm bath infused with essential oils like lavender and peppermint, or with Epsom salt, can relieve joint pain and reduce inflammation.
Contact Your Top Rated Local® Chiropractor
If you are ready to experience the benefits of chiropractic care for relieving your joint pain, give us a call to arrange an appointment. Dr. Brad is committed to providing his patients in and around Johnstown with chiropractic adjustments to treat the root cause of their pain, effectively relieving discomfort, improving movement, and increasing function of the nervous system. Find relief today and experience the benefits of chiropractic care for improving and maintaining your whole-body health!
Want to stay informed on all things chiropractic, health, and wellness? Be sure to follow the Connected Chiropractic blog where we share articles offering tips and tricks for self-care, as well as informative articles outlining various types of pain, conditions, and more. Follow the link below to access our blog!