The Connected Chiropractic Crew is thrilled to invite you to join us for a dinner (our treat) at Mimi’s Cafe on Thursday, January 17, 2019, at 6:30 pm. We welcome our existing patients as well as po…Read More
Hip pain is one of the most common pain complaints caused by a number of problems and conditions. In fact, hip pain accounts for about seven percent of the reported chronic pain cases among adults in the United States, affecting about 15 percent of people aged 65 and older. That being said, hip pain can affect anyone of any age and from all walks of life. Thankfully, hip pain is treatable. For some, hip surgery is the best option, but for others, alternative therapies like chiropractic, massage, and spinal decompression offer effective, lasting relief. Chiropractic care is recognized as one of the most effective, non-prescription drug therapies for treating lower back and hip pain. If you experience hip pain and are ready to experience non-surgical relief from your pain and discomfort, call your Top Rated Local® chiropractor at Connected Chiropractic in Johnstown to schedule an appointment.
Get Hip Pain Relief With Chiropractic Care In Johnstown
Common Causes of Hip Pain
Hip pain ranges from acute to chronic and can be caused by a number of conditions, diseases, and injuries. Whether it stems from wear and tear, overuse, lower back pain, inflammation in the hip joint, or as a result of an injury, hip pain can cause mild to severe discomfort, stiffness, limit mobility, and make it difficult to perform everyday activities. Here are some of the most common causes of hip pain:
- Heavy lifting/lifting improperly
- Obesity/rapid weight gain
- Hip fractures
- Lower back pain
- Pinched nerves
- Hernia in the groin area
- Injury from a car accident or work accident
- Sports injury
- Prolonged sitting
Self-Care Tips To Relieve Hip Pain
Along with chiropractic care, massage, and spinal decompression, there are ways to relieve hip pain at home. Here are some effective methods for self-care:
- Ice or Heat – Ice can relieve pain and inflammation in the hip, hip joint, and in areas where there is referred pain. Taking a warm bath to soak your aching hips and loosen tension in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Stretching – Stretching your lower back, hips, and legs can loosen up your muscles and allow for better flexibility.
- Rest – Avoid lifting, repetitive movements (e.g., bending and twisting at the hip), and prolonged sitting. When sleeping on your back, place a pillow under your knees to reduce pressure on the lower back. When sleeping on your side, place a pillow between your knees to support your spine and keep your hips aligned.
Schedule Chiropractic Care for Hip Pain
If you are ready to experience effective, long-lasting hip pain relief, don’t spend time searching “chiropractor near me;” rather, reach out to your trusted local chiropractor at Connected Chiropractic. Dr. Brad is dedicated to providing his patients with compassionate, skilled, knowledgeable chiropractic care by treating the root cause of their hip pain for the most effective pain relief. Call Johnstown’s Top Rated Local® chiropractor and start feeling and moving better today.
Want to stay informed on all things health and wellness? Follow the Connected Chiropractic blog to access insightful tips and tricks for managing pain at home, applying self-care techniques, and so much more. We’ll also share educational articles related to the body discussing different conditions, types of pain, and how chiropractic care can help treat these issues. Simply follow the link below to start reading about all things health and wellness.